Monday, July 7, 2008

No Time to Say Hello, Goodbye

I have been delinquent in my blogging responsibilities of late, and this aggresion will not stand, man. Two weeks of no posts? This shit stops right here.

Sooo... I have a lot to catch up on, and I'm still hunting through my schedule for the day when I know I'll have some time to devote to filling in the story that I've neglected to tell. Still not seeing any of my winning numbers on the board. Today was supposed to be that day; it's the off day for the entire WSOP between the Day 1's and Day 2's, meaning I am lucky enough to be sitting home in my underwear today as well. But this so-called "day off" is almost as busy as my run-of-the-mill "day".

Chris and Sabrina stayed at my place last night because their entire collection of possessions is crammed into eight feet of space on a moving trailer, set for a cross-country run to North Carolina. I took the couch for the night and managed to crack my eyes open to see them off mid-morning. They are spending the next five days plodding across the map to their new home in Raleigh. Looking forward to good times and many sleepless poker nights with the two of them.

My secondary challenge for today was to catch up on sleep. Mission Status: Complete. After the nomads left my house this morning, I saw no reason to set my alarm for anything in particular. I went back to my bed and pounded out another few hours of sleep. Woke up around 2:30pm, I think. Though it was delightful, I did manage to sleep through the lazy, do-nothing part of my day off. The day is getting on along already, and as soon as evening closes in, the relaxation ends.

At 6:00pm, we have a PokerNews freeroll in the Brasilia Room at the Rio. Should be about 50 of us playing, and we only have three hours to pack it into, so it's going to be a total shit show. I fully intend to take that bitch down though. There's a $5,000 prize pool, plus a $300 bounty on the three bosses, and I've heard a few rumors that there might be some goodies added to the pool by another sponsor. We'll see.

Following that, PokerStars is having their big blowout tonight, I think it starts at 9:00pm. I won my Main Event package on Stars, so I had access to that party from the get-go. But the other day, all of the PokerNews people were put on the guest list by Marta, one of the higher-ups. I love the fact that the poker sites reach out to the media like they do. The poker world really does love PokerNews, it seems. Anyways, the party is at Rain, one of the clubs at the Palms. It's open bar, and it should be the nuts. That's going to wind down around 1:00am I would think, and then I'm probably going to want to get to bed pretty shortly after that.

That doesn't leave much time for blogging, I realize. Hopefully I'll have a chance to go back and talk about some things of interest from the past two weeks. Some of the things I need to hit, before I forget:

- Event #44 - $1,000 No-Limit Hold'em with Rebuys
- H.O.R.S.E.
- The visit of Ben and Brian
- Event #50 - $10,000 Pot-Limit Omaha World Championship
- The start of the Main Event
- Jeremiah Smith
- Ron Kluber
- My camera

See what an uphill climb I have in front of me? And tomorrow, I'm back at the Rio for the Day 2 crowd of Main Event-ers, with no end to the madness in sight. Sigh. More to come, A.S.A.P.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home