Thursday, October 9, 2008

A New Place

I am indeed in Auckland, New Zealand now, and it is gorgeous. The way the harbour cuts its way in and out of the landmass is something I've never seen before in a major city. The weather is off the chain though -- alternating between brilliant sunshine, torrential rain, and driving winds here in the early part of Spring. Cold at night and in the morning, and comfortably warm during the day.

I know I have a bit of catching up to do for you, but it's going to have to wait. Today was Day 1a of the APPT Auckland, and despite the fact that we played just seven levels, I am beat. I am still a little travel weary, and I'm can't think of anything except how sweet it's going to be to climb into the very comfortable king-size bed behind me. Perhaps the front desk won't feel the need to call my room at 7:30 tomorrow morning, as they did today. Although, it was for a good reason. More on that later though.

Fair warning that there will be no "Musings on the NFL" this weekend. In fact, there won't even been any NFL watching for me (insert frowny face here). Rugby is king in this place. I love that game; it's like an organized version of "Kill the Carrier" that we all played on the middle school playground. We also called it "Smear the Queer", and I never found that odd until just this very minute.

Anyways, I'll catch you up tomorrow on the rest of my travel ordeal, and I'll try to get a few words in about the APPT as well. Until then!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home